UGC NET Human Resource Management Coaching
Deep UGC NET institute provides CBSE NET Labour Welfare and Human Resource Management coaching in Delhi with excellent study material, tutorials and test papers for Human Resource Management entrance.
CBSE NET 2016 Labour Welfare and Human Resource Management Syllabus
There will be two question papers, UGC NET Labour Paper II and Paper III ( Part – A & B ). UGC NET Labour Welfare Paper II will cover 50 Objective Type Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks.
UGC NET Labour Paper III will have two Parts – A and B; Paper III ( A ) will have 10 short essay type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. In it there will be one question with internal choice from each unit ( i.e., 10 questions from 10 units: Total marks will be 160 ).
UGC NET Paper III ( B ) will be compulsory and there will be one question from each of the Electives. The candidate will attempt only one question ( one elective only in 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Labour Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Labour Paper II & Paper III ( A ) ( Core Group ) :
Unit – I
- Schools of Management thought – Scientific Management School, Human Relations School, Behaviour School, System Approach.
- Function of Management – Planning : Types, Steps, Organising.
- Direction, Control, Coordination, Communication.
Unit – II
- Personnel Management : Functions, Structure of Personnel Department, Line and Staff, Job Analysis, Manpower Planning, New Challenges.
- Recruitment and Selection, Placement and Induction.
- Wage and Salary Administration, Job evaluation, Methods of Wage payment linking wages with productivity.
- Grievance handling and Disciplinary action.
Unit – III
- HRD Concept, Importance, Evolution, Functions, Organisation of HRD Function.
- Performance appraisal, Training and Development, Quality of worklife, Career planning, Quality circles.
- Training Programmes for workers, Management Development Programmes, Evaluation of training.
Unit – IV
- Organisational Behaviour : Concept, Importance, Evolution, Role, Group dynamics.
- Motivation, Leadership, Job satisfaction, Morale, Fatigue and Monotony.
- Organisational change and Development, Organisational effectiveness.
Unit – V
- Industrial Relations : Concept, Scope, Approaches, Industrial Relations System.
- Industrial disputes : Causes, Effects, Trends, Methods and Machinery for the settlement of Industrial disputes.
- Workers participation in Management, Code of discipline, Tripartite bodies, ILO, Industrial relations and the new economic reforms.
Unit – VI
- Trade Unions : Meaning, Objectives, Functions, Theories, Structure of Trade Unions.
- Trade Union Movement in India, Leadership, Finance, Union Politics, Inter and rutia – union Rivalry.
Unit – VII
- Labour legislation, Objectives, Principles, Classification, Evolution of labour' legislation in India, Impact of ILO, Labour legislation and Indian Constitution. Factories Act, 1948.
- Employees State Insurance Act, 1948; Workmen's Compensation Act, 1923; Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
Unit – VIII
- Trade Unions Act, 1926; Industrial Employment ( Standing orders ) Act, 1946; Industrial Disputes Act, 1947. Minimum Wages Act, 1948; Payment of Wages Act, 1936; Equal Remuneration Act, 1976; Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.
Unit – IX
- Labour Welfare : Meaning, Definition, Scope, Theories, Principles and approaches. Statutory and Non – statutory labour welfare : Intra – mural and extra – mural welfare. Agencies of Labour Welfare : State, Employer, Trade Unions, Voluntary Agencies.
Unit – X
- Labour Market, Features, Demand and Supply of Labour, Nature and Composition of Indian Labour Force, Unemployment and Under employment.
- Concepts of wages, State Regulation of wages, Fixation of wages, Wage theories, Wage differentials.
UGC NET Labour Welfare Paper III ( B ) ( Elective / Optional ) :
Elective – I
- Role of parties,
- Industrial Actions,
- Industrial Relations in changing scenario,
- Emerging trend,
- Future of Industrial Relations,
- Industrial Relations in UK and USA.
Elective – II
- Personnel Management and Economic Reforms,
- New Challenges,
- Down sizing,
- Golden handshake,
- Total quality Management,
- Training and Management development,
- Organisational change and Development,
- Emerging HRM concept,
- Personnel Management and the Multinational companies.
Elective – III
- Principles of labour legislation,
- Factors and forces influencing the growth of labour legislation in India,
- Implementation machinery.
- Evaluation of labour legislation,
- Proposed changes, Impact of ILO.
Recommened Books for Labour Welfare and Human Resource Management:
- 1. UGC NET/JRF/SET Labour Welfare (Paper-II & III) by Upkar Prakashan Books
- 2. UGC-NET (JRF & LS) Human Resource Management by Jyoti Sardana and Mona Yadav
- 3. UGC-NET/SET—Labour Welfare & Industrial Relations Paper 2 and 3 by Bhuvaneshwari Sivakumar
- 4. Trueman's UGC NET HRM/Human Resource Management & Labour Welfare by Reetu Dogra
Download previous years question papers of Labour Welfare and HRM
- For 2015 - http://cbsenet.nic.in/cbsenet/QuestionPaperDec2015.aspx
- For 2014 and Earlier : http://www.ugcnetonline.in/previous_question_papers.php